You must have seen motorcycle riders being able to answer calls and listen to music without taking off their headphones and wondered, ‘how do they do this?’
This is where the concept of Motorcycle Bluetooth headset comes into play. These headsets make the task of communicating while wearing a helmet simpler and more convenient for the riders. They help riders answer calls and listen to music while also communicating with each other, without ever needing to remove the helmet or switch around for different devices. These headsets are innovative electronic device that have made multitasking easier.
Presently, there are several such headsets in the market, which make choosing increasingly tough! Thus, we have compiled a list of the top 10 Motorcycle headsets for your consideration.
List of the Top 10 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headsets in 2021
1. Cheapest Among All: JZAQ Motorcycle Helmet Bluetooth Headset
- Brand: JZAQ
- Measurements: 5.7 x 4.5 x 1.1 inches
- Weight: 3.95 ounces
These headsets by JZAQ are stylishly designed and are equipped with many features. They boast of a 5.0 Bluetooth version and have an effective range of around 20m. The headsets provide multi-platform connectivity, allowing you to connect two mobiles or devices simultaneously, allowing you to engage in efficient conversation during your bike journey. They also allow for a running time of 50 hours and come with a 900mAh rechargeable battery feature. The headset offers you windproof and perfect sound quality and is easy to affix to your helmets.
- Equipped with IPX7 waterproof technology
- Display batteries are supported on the phone for easy usage
- The effective range of 20m allows an easy and automatic connection to devices
- Powered by 2 A batteries
2. Motorcycle Bluetooth Intercom Headset
- Brand: FODSPORTS
- Measurements: 16.45 x 9.45 x 2.36 inches
- Weight: 1.34 pounds
This offering by FODSPORTS boasts of a 4.1 Bluetooth version and provides riders with a communication range of up to 2000m. The headsets are equipped with several features ranging from noise cancellation and reduction mechanisms. The in-built audio cable allows for multi-purpose usage, enabling you to listen to music and talk on the group intercom simultaneously. The waterproof mechanism also ensures that the headsets remain safe and secure in the face of adverse weather conditions. The rechargeable battery has a running time of up to 20 hours.
- Provides crystal clear sound and hands-free technology
- There are two sets of mics in the headset which provide different functions
- CSR chips cancels out ambient noise
- Different modes for answering calls
3. Best Runner Up: LEXIN Motorcycle Bluetooth Intercom Headset With Noise Cancellation (Up to 4 Riders)
- Brand: LEXIN
- Measurements: 5.51 x 8.66 x 1.97 inches
- Weight: 10.6 ounces
This headset is designed specifically to provide motorcycle riders with the highest degree of comfort and convenience. Riders can easily engage in hands-free calling while also listening to the best stereo quality music and FM radio. It has a universal pairing mechanism and can easily connect to many different devices. The headsets are also equipped with waterproof technology that makes traveling over long distances easy. The in-built intercom has a range of about 1600m. It is also equipped with a long battery life that allows 15h music streaming time and eight hours of talk time.
- Waterproof design which can withstand up to -15 degree temperature levels
- Equipped with exchangeable microphone mechanisms
- It has a 4-way conference intercom feature with a range of 1600m
- Compatible with most Bluetooth based devices
- Powered by Lithium-ion batteries
4. Best Under $100: THOKWOK Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset
- Brand: THOKWOK
- Measurements: 6.73 x 4.29 x 2.13 inches
- Weight: 11.7 ounces
This THOKWOK model boasts of a highly robust headset design meant for a long- period of usage. It is equipped with a long-range intercom design that supports Bluetooth version 3.0. The headsets are equipped with accessible and hands-free technology, which keeps sending and receiving calls while listening to music simultaneously. The headset is compatible with any helmet design ranging from half-face helmets to full-face ones. The headphones are also equipped with DSP echo cancellation and noise suppression technology.
- Equipped with excellent waterproof technology with all-gel silica
- Equipped with an in-built 2.5mm to 3.5 audio cable
- The duplex intercom supports a speed range of 80km/h-110km/h
- It is powered by lithium-polymer batteries.
5. Best Overall: CARDO Bluetooth Motorcycle System
- Brand: CARDO
- Measurements: 3.5 x 0.98 x 1.9 inches
- Weight: 1.1 pounds
This model offered by CARDO comes equipped with many modern and innovative features. The headset offers a new voice operation which allows an efficient means of communication. The partnership with JBL allows for an excellent listening experience with high-quality sound features. The headset is also waterproof and dust-proof. The dynamic mesh communication provides for a convenient communication mechanism for motorcycles. It provides you with up to 13 hours of talk time and self-adjusting volume features.
- Equipped with natural voice operation mechanism
- Packtalk BOLD allows for an easy motorcycle communication experience
- Range of features include FM radio, calls, music and in-built intercom mechanism
- Corded microphones and adjustable headsets are easy to attach to the helmet
- Powered by lithium-polymer battery
6. Sena Motorcycle Headset
- Brand: Sena
- Measurements: 6 x 9.8 x 3.3 inches
- Weight: 0.02 ounces
This model allows you to develop and maintain connections with your biking companions over long distances. The headset is equipped with an intercom and a 3.0 Bluetooth version. It has an in-built stereo system that provides a top-quality sound that automatically boosts noisy environments. The integrated voice prompts make things even more accessible and convenient. The Universal Intercom Protocol enables you to hear across any and every device, regardless of brand. The headset has a talk time of about 12 hours and supports a range of up to 900m.
- Equipped with advanced noise cancellation features
- Allows multi-pairing functionality across all devices
- The user interface is attractive and intuitive
- Powered by lithium-polymer batteries
7. Cardo FREECOM Motorcycle Bluetooth System Headset
- Brand: Cardo
- Measurements: 3.1 x 0.62 x 1.8 inches
- Weight: 1.1 pounds
This headset model is stylishly designed and is equipped with many innovative features that support modern headphone designs. It boasts a 2-way rider intercom mechanism that seamlessly connects riders and facilitates efficient communication. The design of the headset is ergonomic, boating of a sleek and fresh look. The headsets are supported by waterproof and weatherproof mechanisms, which allow them to be used across different weather conditions. They are equipped with a range of up to 500m, along with speakers that estimate to around 40mm.
- It is equipped with Bluetooth version 4.
- Equipped with features such as self-adjusting volume and built-in radio mechanisms
- Boasts of a sleek and slim ergonomic design
- Powered by lithium-ion batteries
- Supports a 13-hour talk-time
8. Best Value For Money: HuanGou Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset
- Brand: HuanGou
- Measurements: 6.8 x 4.4 x 2.2 inches
- Weight: 11.2 ounces
This model by HuanGou is specially designed to provide motorcycle riders with efficient and wireless communication mechanisms while riding. The headphones are compatible with different Bluetooth devices and can also be used for any motorcycle helmet. It supports a Bluetooth 3.0 version and is equipped with audio-line features to send and receive signals across different devices. The duplex communication technology features allow easy communication between riders of a group. The music that the headset supports is exceptional stereo quality, allowing riders to have a good music listening experience.
- It boasts of a communication range of up to 1000m
- FM-radio mechanism selects the channel with the best frequency
- Echo and noise cancellation technology allow crystal-clear sound experience
- Powered by lithium-polymer batteries
- Comes with a warranty period of 12 months.
9. FreedConn Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset
- Brand: FreedConn
- Measurements: 3.2 inches x 1.2 inch x 1 inch
- Weight: 1.6 ounces
This Bluetooth-supported motorcycle headset comes with the means to support all communication forms between riders over long distances. It is equipped with intercom support systems which support convenient communication up to 800m. It supports several features ranging from hands-free calling mechanisms, FM radio, GPS voice-prompt, and crystal-clear stereo music. The LCD screen makes it easy to navigate through the system. The speakers boast DSP echo cancellation and noise reduction features as well. The headset supports a talk time of up to 10 hours and is compatible with all types of helmet designs.
- It supports a frequency of around 2.4GHz
- Powered by rechargeable lithium-polymer batteries
- Equipped with a standby time of 300 hours
- Multitasking technology allows you to answer a call while listening to music
- Can withstand different weather conditions
10. Sena Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset with Communication System
- Brand: Sena
- Measurements: 3.7 inches x 1.9 inches x 1 inch
- Weight: 2.15 ounces
This model by Sena is equipped with next-generation features, boasting of an innovative design and increased intercom features. It supports an exceptionally stylish and sleek antenna design which helps the stability of intercom features. The product is lightweight and boasts of an ergonomic design that facilitates portability. It also supports a talk time of up to 13 hours, operating at temperatures ranging from -10 degrees to 55 degrees celsius. The microphone features also support noise cancellation and reduction features allowing you to listen to music in the best manner possible.
- It supports a universal fitting type and can be attached to different kinds of helmets
- It is powered by lithium-polymer batteries
- The antenna design helps in improving functionality and stability
- It supports the EVO multitasking Audio feature
What Are The Important Features To Take Into Account Before Buying a Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset?
Choosing the right Bluetooth headset or headphone for your motorcycle riding adventures is not a simple task. You need to look at certain salient features and characteristics to get the best possible result. It is essential to factor in features such as range, frequency, and connectivity functions while selecting a headset. Sound quality, run-time, and an affordable price are some of the other important features you must consider.
How Do The In-Built Intercoms in Bluetooth Motorcycle Headsets Work?
The intercoms in the Bluetooth headsets are equipped with noise cancellation and reduction, allowing devices to cancel out any external interference. Touch buttons and other stereo quality features ensure easy navigation and maneuverability of the devices. These features are made user-friendly, which makes them easy to use.
How Important Is The Battery Size Of The Bluetooth Headsets?
Battery sizes are incredibly crucial when it comes to motorcycle Bluetooth headsets. These headsets require a certain degree of power to function, which can be endowed with batteries’ help. The mAh levels help estimate how long a device will be able to run before charging. The average usage of the Bluetooth headset should be taken into account to estimate proper battery size.
Motorcycle Bluetooth headsets or headphones are some of the most popular products in the market today. They can be used by riders everywhere to listen to music while also taking calls and communicating with others. They make the task of traveling and talking easy and simple. Given the number of options for such headsets in the market, we hope that the above list helped you understand the different features of the same!